Soft washing is a gentle yet highly effective method for cleaning the exterior of your home, restoring its beauty, and maintaining its value. Unlike traditional pressure washing, which can be too harsh for delicate surfaces, soft washing employs a low-pressure technique combined with specialized cleaning solutions. In this blog, we’ll delve into the world of soft washing, exploring its benefits, the equipment and solutions you’ll need, and some essential tips for a successful soft wash.
Benefits of Soft Washing
- Gentle on Surfaces: Soft washing is perfect for delicate surfaces like vinyl siding, stucco, and painted wood. The low-pressure method ensures that your home won’t sustain any damage during the cleaning process.
- Thorough Cleaning: The specialized cleaning solutions used in soft washing penetrate deep into the surface to remove dirt, mold, algae, and other contaminants. This results in a cleaner and longer-lasting finish.
- Improved Curb Appeal: Soft washing can instantly boost your home’s curb appeal, making it look well-maintained and more attractive. A clean exterior can also increase the value of your property.
Equipment and Supplies
Before you start soft washing, you’ll need the following equipment and supplies:
- Soft Wash System: Invest in a soft wash system, which includes a low-pressure pump, hoses, and nozzles designed for soft washing.
- Biodegradable Cleaning Solutions: Choose environmentally friendly cleaning solutions that are safe for your plants, pets, and the environment.
- Safety Gear: Wear protective gear, including gloves, goggles, and a long-sleeved shirt to protect yourself from the cleaning solutions.
- Soft Bristle Brush: Use a soft bristle brush to scrub away stubborn stains or algae growth on the surface.
- Safety Precautions: Cover nearby plants and shrubs with plastic sheeting to protect them from the cleaning solution.
Soft Washing Process
Here are the steps to follow when soft washing your home:
- Preparation: Before you start, remove any obstacles from the area, cover plants, and make sure your safety gear is on.
- Mix Cleaning Solution: Dilute the cleaning solution according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Pour it into the soft wash system’s reservoir.