When it comes to traveling, convenience and flexibility are key factors in ensuring a memorable and stress-free experience. Alicante, a vibrant coastal city located on Spain’s stunning Costa Blanca, is a destination that offers a perfect blend of history, culture, and relaxation. To make the most of your visit to this picturesque city, renting a car from Alicante Airport is a smart choice that opens up a world of possibilities. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about Alicante Airport car rental, from the benefits to the process and the top attractions to explore.
Benefits of Renting a Car at Alicante Airport:
- Freedom to Explore: Having a rental car at your disposal gives you the freedom to explore Alicante and its surrounding areas at your own pace. From the charming old town to the stunning beaches and scenic countryside, every corner of the region becomes easily accessible.
- Convenience: Skip the hassle of waiting for public transportation or dealing with the limitations of tour schedules. With a rental car, you’re in control of your itinerary, allowing you to maximize your time and visit attractions that interest you the most.
- Off-the-Beaten-Path Adventures: Alicante is surrounded by hidden gems that might not be easily reachable by public transportation. With a car, you can venture off the beaten path and discover quaint villages, breathtaking viewpoints, and lesser-known attractions.
- Cost-Effective: If you’re traveling with a group or planning to visit multiple places, a rental car can often be more cost-effective than purchasing individual tickets for each member of your party.
Renting a Car at Alicante Airport:
- Booking in Advance: To ensure availability and secure the best rates, it’s advisable to book your rental car in advance. Online platforms and rental car company websites make the process quick and convenient.
- Choose the Right Vehicle: Consider your travel companions and the type of activities you have planned when selecting a car. From compact cars for solo travelers to spacious SUVs for families, there’s a wide range of options available.
- Required Documents: Make sure to have your valid driver’s license, a credit card for the rental deposit, and any additional identification documents required by the rental company.
- Inspect the Car: Before driving off, thoroughly inspect the rental car for any existing damages. Take photos and notify the rental company of any issues to avoid being held responsible for pre-existing damage.
Top Attractions to Explore:
- Alicante Old Town (El Barrio): Wander through narrow streets, visit historic buildings, and indulge in local cuisine at charming restaurants and cafes.
- Santa Barbara Castle: Perched on a hilltop, this impressive castle offers panoramic views of the city and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Playa del Postiguet: Relax on the sandy shores of this beautiful urban beach located right in Alicante.
- Guadalest Valley: Drive to this stunning valley to explore the medieval town of Guadalest and enjoy breathtaking mountain views.
- Tabarca Island: Take a ferry and explore this small, picturesque island known for its clear waters and underwater marine reserve.
- Traffic Rules: Familiarize yourself with Spanish traffic rules and regulations to ensure a safe and smooth driving experience.
- Parking: Look for designated parking areas or parking garages, especially in city centers where parking can be limited.
- Fuel: Most rental cars use unleaded petrol (gasoline). Gas stations are readily available, including ones on major highways.